Right-Brained ThanksgivingPosted: November 25, 2010
On this week of our Thanksgiving holiday, I wish all my “I Geek for Creativity” audience a great big “double rainbow” thank you for sharing my creative journey through Posterous, Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube.
While I truly have many amazing people, memorable life events, and other wonderful things to be thankful for, in this blog post I will share my right-brained thanks.
I am thankful:
1. I can daydream using all five senses.
2. I can gaze on the absurd and appreciate it.
3. I can wear mismatched socks and that is okay.
4. I do not need an audience for my right brain to come out to play.
5. I cannot dance, but do so anyway.
6. I can juxtapose two diverse viewpoints without my head exploding.
7. I still sing in the shower, loudly.
8. My creativity flows when least expected and most enjoyed.
9. I am never too old for milk, cookies, and a nap.
10. Each day can begin with curiosity.
Bonus thanks: My newborn daughter of 2 months reminds me of the natural creative ability born in all of us.
And, Double Rainbow Thankful
Most of all, I am thankful for the Web, Social Media, and the many friends and acquaintances that use Blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube to curate their favorites and share the original output of their creative process.
I am awe-inspired by the unbridled amount of creativity flowing from people of all ages and places.
Resultantly, I have learned more about the creative process, creativity, and ideation in the past year than the years before it.
I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and a life more happily creative ever after.
“In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer